Valencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
September 20th 2006
Published: October 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Here is one surprising city. I say surprising because you don´t hear much about it but it is in fact a very modern city with a host of attractions. I have a feeling that Valencia has been somewhat snubbed by the country for political reasons, but that's another kettle of fish which I don't want to open.

Anyway, there's a riverbed which is now covered and coverted into a 9km stretch of clean and well-planned parkland. Because of that it sits on lower ground to the streets and buildings which gives a feeling of being away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I think it's a FANTASTIC idea and something which makes Valencia stand out as a city.

Of course there is the amazing Cuidad de las Artes y las Ciencas (City of Arts and Sciences) by Santiago Calatrava - it is amazing amazing AMAZING and well worth getting off my arse for!! L'Oceanographic was a bit pricey but I still paid the 22 Euros and went in to have a look. Kids would love it here, it's huge and there's plenty to see.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

LOVE this idea!LOVE this idea!
LOVE this idea!

The park, formerly the riverbed.
GulliverGulliver
Gulliver

They turned him into a HUGE playground for kids which is another terrific idea!


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb