Vvvvvvvvavavalencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
October 8th 2006
Published: October 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

People drive really fast here.

I think Kelly and I have almost gotten ran over about 20 times. But we are being safe . . .


Kelly and I made it to Valencia two days ago. We are staying at the Purple tree nest which is a great hostel if you ever go to Valencia. We attempted to find night life here on Friday night, but we just couldn´t pull an all nighter and we really aren´t buying the claims that the night life here is better than in Madrid or BCN.

Yesterday we went for a LITTLE run in this really amazing park that runs through the center of Valencia to the ocean (theoretically), actually you have to take a bus to the beach, but we attempted to go by foot.

We walked about an hour and a half to the beach yesterday, and THEN found the bus, took it for about a minute and there we arrived at the beach !

We basically just slept there, which was fun, the weather is perfect here! The water was a bit too cold to go in, but I think it was a successful trip to the Mediterranean sea. No pictures from the ocean because we didn´t take anything but a couple euros that we used up on our bus ride there which is WHY we had to walk the almost two hours back (we were just going really slow because we were starving). We bought some bread and a fanta which helped, but then we just couldn´t run because we felt all bready.
Then we walked past a pastry store that looked really yummy and attempted to buy a cookie but they are all at least .50 euro and we only had .40 (well later Kelly found another ten centimos so we actually did have .50), so the guy let us have the cookie anyway.

Next, we got some horchata (which is supposed to be really good in Valencia, but I really just miss the Mexican horchata from Chano´s by USC). We read a bit and people watched the people watching us (I know, Jack Johnson line but it is true). People here are very strange. I really don´t understand it AT ALL because there will be a really nice hotel, and then a really dodgey row of houses/dumps across the street, or wierd people just walking around everywhere. And there are SO many weddings here (in Salamanca too) which is odd because accodring to every social scientist around people aren´t getting married in Spain!

And there are no men between the ages of 23 and 27 around, ever. Okay, we did meet some last night but I think they were lying because they looked pretty young. And there are much less women out than you would think, somebody told us that it was because their parents don´t let them go out unless they are with a boyfriend. That is really lame.

After the people watching we went to back to the beach to have paella!!! Our new friend Vicky joined us (australian traveler of course, we met her in our room in our hostel). She is only 19 and is traveling through Western Europe for about 3 months alone. See girls can do it too.

Anyway, we are heading back to Madrid today and I am glad because I am tired!

Alright hope everything is great over there!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb