From Caravaca de la Cruz to Valencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
July 17th 2015
Published: July 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Some how we always have a problem with the addresses we receive from Book.com. This was again the case in Caravaca de la Cruz After arriving in the suburb of Caravacas de la Cruz, we had to ask but nobody knew. We drove on and asked again. A person working for Volkswagen agency knew the place. We had entered the wrong side. He offered to drive in front and take us there, for he said you would never find the place, the street name had changed. The place we would stay for the next two nights was a sort of hotel but more a B&B. Very nice, a bit middle east. Very hot when we arrived. The Host took us to an old train wagon that he had transferred into a bar. There we had a few coldies and they tasted very nice. Next was a shower and of to find something to eat. We landed after finding a parking place, very difficult, a small plaza that had a restaurant. Well that was written on the outside. We were the only ones there but that changed soon. There were about ten tables and after we sat down, were filled in not time. The problem is ordering from a menu that only tells the meals in Spanish. We could not figure out what is what. Lucky, he knew a girl that studied English and after she came to the rescue, we finished up with a beautiful meal and dessert. Next day we did the sight seeing. Not really that much there apart of the castle, build by the Templar Knights. The story is, that a Priest who was a prisoner of a Muslim Sheik , had to say Mass but he failed a cross. He told the Sheik he could not say Mass without a Cross. At that moment Angels appeared with a Cross that they placed on the altar . The Sheik was so impressed that he became Christian. We walked around the castle that has over 22 towers. It is very hard to reach for the streets are very narrow, even have traffic lights for only one can go through at the time. A very interesting place to visit. Next place Valencia. We were there 45 years ago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.651s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.2191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb