Valencia, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
April 11th 2006
Published: April 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our first (serious) travel experience!
Started absolutely fantastic, ended even better 😊 We stayed at this pretty hotel in a tiny place called L'liana , right nearby Valencia. And it was a good choice. Instead of listening to busy streets and being annoyed by noisy pedestrians we could sleep peacefully, away from the city. That's all we really wanted regarding nights, because we weren't going to spend all days in the room or a swimming pool.

It took us a whole week to discover the Spanish beauty and wonders. Every single morning we would wake up at 8 am, have some gorgeous breakfast (such as MASSIVE strawberries or watermelons) and wander off to a bus stop, where we would catch a bus to the city of Valencia.

Apart from admiring enormous palm trees and sunny weather, we had an opportunity to shop at a real Spanish market, laze few hours away on the beach (although we couldn't swim as water was too cold ) and of course do loads of sightseeing! We walked, and walked and walked... This is for sure the best way to see everything! You won't miss a thing! Worth mentioning though is the fact that Piotrus was the king of the map... Had not been there, I would have probably got lost. About 500 photos were taken which are the best mementos!

Valencia itself is really big and spacious, most of the people travel by motorbikes which looks hilarious. Everyone was friendly and smiling. We tried some lovely dishes as well; such as Paella, Pisto Manchego, Gazpacho and of course drank SANGRIA !!!
Most of all we enjoyed City of the Arts and Sciences (Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias) . It felt amazing to be there. We saw a dolphin show and loads of species of unique animals...

Oh yes dear readers, that was a truly Fantastic Adventure !!!


nos divertimos mucho




hasta luego !




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Dolphin Show at the AquariumDolphin Show at the Aquarium
Dolphin Show at the Aquarium

amazing! how do they do that?! ;P although dolphins are said to be one of the most intelligent creatures...
marketmarket
market

fans, plates and pots, rice and snails
Football Stadium Football Stadium
Football Stadium

C.F. Valencia... Piotrek was amazed
sunny beachsunny beach
sunny beach

even though the weather was hot, water seemed to be freezing, hence no swimming on our side ;P
L'lianaL'liana
L'liana

where our hotel was
Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de ValenciaCiudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia
Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia

look at the animal, it was absolutely stunning :]


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb