Las Fallas, Valencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
March 18th 2007
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

RIding DirtyRIding DirtyRIding Dirty

Our sweet ride, Sanchez at the wheel and myself navigating
After renting our sweet Opel, Jose, Sam, Amy, Camille, Lesley, and I jumped in and took off towards Valencia. Four deep in the back seat, Jose at the wheel, co-pilot Mr. Bader, and a few bottles of wine for the ride got us to Valencia in a couple hours.

After arriving we walked towards the festivals center and drank, had some tequila, had the best kebab to date… French fries and a healthy portion of that meat makes the ideal kebab. (O’well I’m making this one short). Valencia’s Las Fallas is too spread out… party to party is cool, but when you want to hang out in a central bar area… you just cannot. We partied for a while, watched a band play, and took off around 4am… we were all virtually sober.

I drove the way back, Jose co-pilot, with four sleeping beauties in the back. They didn’t even wake up when I was pumping the clutch peeling out of a gas station along the highway. Jose and I decide to make a Calpe stop for the sunrise, new destination on the navigation… easy right… no!! About 80 side roads later and up down and down up and one way or whoops we got to the beach in Calpe for a nice sunrise. Here we chill for a good hour, we had a small encounter with the law… but they were cool, because we weren’t dumping a body in the Med. BREAKFAST TIME!!! No… everything was closed, so we napped on the beach and headed back to Alicante. Las Fallas = fun… but writing about it nearly a year later is not as exciting nor detailed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

BeerBeer
Beer

We all just bought some San Miguel beers, then all of a sudden out of no where was a giant San Miguel sign.
Beach in CalpeBeach in Calpe
Beach in Calpe

Sam and I had the right idea
Beach in CalpeBeach in Calpe
Beach in Calpe

Sanchez and Amy trying to do handstands instead of passing out


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb