Horchata, Paella & Sangria


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Alicante » Benimaurell
April 25th 2012
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

HOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

obviously i learnt alot of spanish post my 6 FANTASTIC days in Alicante, Spain with Hector and Alin!!

no but really my spanish is 'coming along' how ever m boyfriends english is putting me to shame, so abbey has room for imropovement!

well where to start.... Hector the beautiful spanish boyfriend is from Alicante so we were off to visit his home town and see his friends and have a really authentic spanish holiday! the westher was FANTASTIC from start to finish.. 27 degrees was a europhic change from 8 degrees and raining in london town so we had our shorts on and our sunglasses and big smiles!! first night we arrived late and went out for drinks, may i add 1 euro mojitos and daquiris so abbey needed no persuading in consuming! we had a low key night as it was a bank holiday so relatively quite that night.. the next day we were off to the beautiful white city of Altea!!

Altea was breathtaking.. we sat on a hill and looking over the beautiful sea whilst listening to a guy play the guitar.. we had cappucino and beer on a terrace and just were strolling around the whole day... That night we had a fairly largerr fiesta (and in spain the partying doesnt start until 12am) so obviously with a canadian (alin) and an aussie (me) where we party from 8pm onwards we were in interesting states come 1 am haha. none the less fun was had and we had a fantastic night getting to know hectors spanish friends! with our limited spanish and their limited english it made for a riot of a night!



the next day hector took me for a special day.. knowing that i love HORCHATA ( a spanish tiger nut drink that is amazing) he took me to the place on the beach that boasts the best horchata in alicante, and it was right! we strolled then through the markets and then he suprised me with tapas on a restaurant on the beach.. the whole menu was in Spanish so i told him to go for it and suprise me... the man knows me well, we had prawns with avocado and potatos with aoli and prawns with pepper and vegetables... and more horchata! we then strolled around Old Town with our bellies full and just admired the ancient parts of Alicante...

That night was an EPIC soccer (to them football!) match between Barcelona and Real Madrid, which pits most of Spain against each other and made for a fantastic night! people screaming in Spanish cheap beers and people dancing in the street we were eating tappas until 1 am and i looked after a highly funny and drunk boyfriend and we had a ball!!

the next day was my favourite that we spent in Alicante, Hectors best friend Samu owns a little house in the Mountains in Alicante, it is just inexplainable. It has a little kitchen all with no elextricity, a pool a patio and literally no neighbours and overlooks the beautiful mountains and beaches... we spent ALL day their and drank beer and hector cooked from scratch Seafood Paella (which was mouthwatering) and he just solidifed his place as the best cook i have ever met! We headed home around 9pm and were tired so sat on the balcony drinking Horchata and talking. PERFECT

the next day me and alin spent the day SUNBAKING. i emphasiss the word since i havent done that in 4 months so we were literaly sprinting to the beach.. it was divine and then that night we went for tapas again with friends and wandering through old town of Alicante...

The whole trip from start to finish was authentic, the house we stayed in (hectors) the people we met, the spanish we spoke, the food we ate. Everything, was a beautiful memory made sweeter by the fact Hector and Alin were there. We jetsetted back quite late into London and in two days I am off to amsterdam! so you will see yet another entry. However i feel the next one will be alot more rowdy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb