St. Paddys Day MADNESS


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin » Ballsbridge
March 25th 2012
Published: March 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

St. Paddys day MADNESS



well. Have been dreaming about the hype that is Paddys day in the heart and soul of Ireland for a long time and after having finally done it... WOW

Green, green, green and more guinness!!

Flew out to dublin Friday midday ( groslly overestimating the time in which i need to be at the aiport before, so had a fun 4 hours to kill) but made a friend on the plane ( who of course is from Townsville in Australia!!) Went out Friday afternoon to do some tourist jazz to not feel like i entirely boozed my way through ireland. Saw the Guinness Brewery and beautiful St. Patricks Cathedral!! Friday night in true abbey style had a bit too big a night celbrating in the authentic Irish pubs, should have been in bed resting for the big Saturday! But anyway pulled up well and began guiness intake at 11 sharp with the help of Jess Sinnot and her roommates who I'd travelled to Ireland with!



Saturday was insane!!! thousands and thousand of people and green and guinness and laughter and partying. The streets were packed and in the pubs you couldnt move due to oversized hats ( guilty as charged) and wacky outfits. Thanks to Sinnot we had slutty leprechaun outfits pre purchased on eBay which were a HIT!! at least 50 people asked to take photos with the 7 slutty leprechauns so success in that department!! i wont bore you or infuriate mum with the details, it went as you can imagine, guinness, guinness, party... empty wallet and BED! sunday proved the same process and got to catch up with my Irish friends who I travelled with in Laos last year.



Paddys day was more than i ever thought it would be it was loud, fun, busy and GREEN! Happily going back next year for part 2!

After a slighlty boozy trip and lack of sightseeing im SO exctied because I am off to ITALY in 2 sleeps... 3 weeks in Rome, Florence, Venice, Sorrento, Cinque Terre and Naples!! and then straight onto Spain with Hector and Alin and Joaquin for a week in Alicante =)

TOUGH LIFE!!

so got alot planned for day tours of vatican and other amazing things to see and do going to have camera in hand 24 hours and aiming to absorb every single drop of culture italy has!! So see you post italy for a more educational and less guinness related blog 😉



MUCH LOVE!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb