On the road to Cartagena - Day 7


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Region of Murcia » Cartagena
May 22nd 2017
Published: May 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

It was a sight to behold, Rob driving through the laneways of Valencia, from the carpark to our apartment. This place is an absolute maze, put a car into the mix and it becomes something else.

With bags packed into the car we are off. Thank heavens for a gps. It was mainly highway driving until we remember that La Manga was worth a visit. With an adjustment to the gps we turn off the highway. It is hard to describe this place. On one hand it is really interesting, on the other really tacky. Let me explain.

Menor Mar is a bay on the Mediterranean. From one side to nearly the other (21km) is a spit of land. This is La Manga. It looks like the Gold Coast only 1 or 2 streets wide and the whole spit is filled with high-rise apartments. You have choppy waves on one side of the road and calm water on the other.

We arrive in Cartagena in the late afternoon and set off to explore. Roman ruins are the points of interest here. A lot of the city walls are intact. There is a Theatre, a Castillo and an Amphitheatre. From the base of the city walls you climb the stairs....a lot of stairs. You can the wind your way around the top of the walls and around the ruins. They have very nicely installed a lift at one end of this walk with a viewing platform. Liz was safely delivered down while Rob went the long way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb