Roncevalle to Zubiri


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre
September 4th 2014
Published: September 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Started the day at 430am. Couldn't sleep in a room of 100 beds...repacked my backpack a couple times and got rid of some books that were way to heavy to carry around. Met up with the Germans at 645am and started walking for 20km. Current pedometer count: 72000 steps at end of day 2. Not bad I would say. It s intersting how fast my german comes back, listening that is.... speaking not so much, but they understand English and speak it very well.

Most of the day was down hill, which suprisingly is almost as hard as going uphill...
No sun today so that was good. Not as hot as yesterday so a little more comfortable walking hence the fact that we arrived at the hostel at 1pm already.

First thing is taking off the shoes. Best feeling in the world btw... and no blisters, woot woot....
Sitting outside with some of the Germans right now. Thomas, Lena and frau konigen...
Showering later and dinner... maybe some laundry tonight.

So far so good. Enjoying nature, the people I meet along the way, the feeling of no worries except for getting from loint a to point b.
Tomorrow walking to Pamplona, which is a bigger city, known for the running of the bulls. Might stay there for an extra day. Take a break after the three hardest days of the trail.

Hope i sleep a bit better tonight...




Advertisement



4th September 2014

goed gedaan! Ik heb wat fotos gezien van het dorpje. Mooie omgeving. geniet ervan en hopelijk ne goeie nacht

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb