Excited


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Roncesvalles
August 24th 2015
Published: August 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

August 24, 2015



To start with this is my first attempt to BLOG so set your expectations very low and I may peter out before the end of our trip.



Terri and I are getting very excited to start our trip of 800 km over the Pyrenees from St Jean Pied-de-Port, France to Santiago de Compostela, Spain, the Camino Frances. Last Saturday we packed and repacked our back packs to lighten our load as we will be carrying all our belonging for our trip on our backs. Everyone tells us 10% of your body weight or less is what should be the max and we have accomplished that but think perhaps even less would be better because when I put on the pack and think of walking 20-40 km in a day, it feels heavy already. I believe we are as ready as we can be but I am sure we will get surprises all along the way, but they say "take what the Camino gives you, finish what you have started". We have had an exciting "trip" just to get to this point with all the planning, and purchasing of quick drying wear etc. There are so many people we thank for their caring and help to get us to the starting point and just to mention a few Terry and Janet, the Calgary Chapter, Canadian Company of Pilgrims and of course Brian who pointed me to this website to mark our progress and share when we can little things along the way. Writing just these few words makes me so very excited....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb