Camino Day 3


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Pamplona
September 13th 2014
Published: September 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Just finished day 3 of the Camino.The travel over went well. Landed in Paris at >Charles de Gaulle airport then took the subway to Orly Airport(23 stops on the Metro) the flew Air France to Biarritz. Was picked up by the prearranged service and driven to St John where we got a bed in the local municipal Aurberge.Later in the day they ran out of rooms. Was awAKENED AT 6 am AND HAD A BRIEF BREAKFAST. Then started the most physically demanding day of my life. It was uphill, switchback, more uphill, switchback, more uphill(you get the idea).Finally mad4 it to Rochvalles where we stayed in a very nice hostel run by the Dutch. Had a pilgrimĀ“s dinner consisting of soup, duck and potatoes, and desert. THEN WENT TO A pILGRIMĀ“S MASS held in an ancient Gothic church. The organ music was unbelievable. Next day left for larrancoa(sp?) which was another 27.1 kilometers. This did not have as much elevation change. The scenery is beautiful. You walk listening to cow and horses with bells clanging. Today hiked to Pamplona(running of the bulls) and I am writing this in our Auberge.Plan to visit the city. So far 2 blisters.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb