RRCamino14


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia
October 16th 2014
Published: October 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well we are in Santiago. The trek in was VERY challenging. The weather was typical Galacia, wet, windy, cool, and raining buckets. Sometimes the rain was coming sideways. We were all cold, wet, and John was actually shivering. Our shoes were filled with water and we sloshed our way into Santiageo. We briefly toured the Cathedral then we each got our Compastellas then as we were so miserable, took a taxi to our hotel San Clemente. We put our clothes out to dry then went out to eat. Today we went to the pilgrimĀ“s mass with the bontifuco(SP?) WHICH IS THE LARGE INCENSE BURNER. We then went out and had a large lunch. Later we went to the Church of St. Francis and got an additional Compestela as this is the 800th anniversary year of St Francis perfroming this journey. John and I are scheduled to depart for Finisterre tomorrow with all 3 days scheduled for heavy rain. Anne is ding well with a mildly swollen knee, Bruce has a very painful small toe, and Brian has recovering achy feet, but they all did it!!! They walked every step and Bruce has not smoked since leaving for this trip!! Physically John and I feel well and arre ready for this next phase of our trek. Miss you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb