Home thoughts from abroad


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia
November 10th 2005
Published: November 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The things I miss : The Guardian, the Sun, the Today program, the BBC, Parky, Humph, radio 4 from 6 to 7pm, test match special, the Proms, the Royal Academy, St Pauls, the view of King's from the Cam, Bath, the Severn Bridge, the Gower, Cardiff Arms Park, Welsh male voice choirs, Welsh lamb, Scottish beef, Dover sole, smoked haddock, Wiltshire smoked bacon and sausages, vintage Cheddar, Cheshire, Caerphilly, firm tasty apples, gooseberries, blackberries, fresh milk, wholemeal bread, mustard, worcestershire sauce, pickled onions, peas in their pods, broad and runner beans, sprouts, carrots, parsnips, turnips, King Edwards potatoes, the sheer variety of British veg, roast chestnuts, Christmas pudding, custard, early evening dinners, the Sunday roast, fair play, orderly queueing, unarmed police you can chat to, school uniforms, being called love, darlin', or dear at the grocers and newspaper shop, and mornin' sir at the barbers, courteous driving and parking, giving way in traffic, steering with the right hand, village greens, garden lawns, the smell of one just mown, bowling greens, duck ponds, decorated narrow boats, village cricket, lawn tennis, the local rugby club, ungassed beer, light ale, India pale ale, Fullers, Youngs, Felinfoel, Shepherd and Neame, pints, firkins, pickled eggs, dartboards, the local, opening time.

Advertisement



12th November 2005

The Things I Would Like To Miss
Darkening days, cold and rain, mist and murkiness, early starts, ironing shirts, trudging up to the bus stop, standing on the bus, standing on the tube, harsh winds, office politics, the immaculate desolation of public places, computer glitches, tedious meetings, dull lunches, drawn out afternoons, slogging in the gym, cold journey home, televised banality. Repeat for five days. Think I'd rather be doing what you are! On your marks...get set.... GO!
19th November 2005

Some additions by Kate and I!!...
Proper food, cinemas, pizza (Samo's), Great Expectations (pub in reading), Grolsch, Cosmo (Kate), football, champaigne, tv, bacon, cheese of any kind!!, cheese, tesco, good wine, home cooking, cornish pastys, sit down toilets, english, driving licences, water from a tap, baths, and did we mention cheese!?..

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb