(8) El Burgo Ranero to Mansilla de las Mulas


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Santiago de Compostela
October 17th 2006
Published: October 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Frrrrrrrrresh!Frrrrrrrrresh!
Frrrrrrrrresh!

The morning was cool, but crisp. Beautiful cold air, and fairly average landscape.
RIPRIP
RIP

Some of the camino is directly next to major highways and roads. And I mean, directly next to them. No barriers, no pedestrian walkway, no paths off to the side. It's just you and the Isuzus.
Not one of those edible ones unfortunately...Not one of those edible ones unfortunately...
Not one of those edible ones unfortunately...

...but I had a nibble just for you Rossi!!
Way of the Peaceful WarriorWay of the Peaceful Warrior
Way of the Peaceful Warrior

Meet Frank. That´s Fronk in French, or Franco in Spanish. Or Fwank in German. He carried NOTHING. No sleeping bag, no jacket, no backpack. Just a couple of skinny saddlebags and his eternal vegetarian smile. Frank ate a lot of eggs on this trip. Frank also started getting really cold about now, and has decided to go south once he reaches Astorga for the warmer climes of Morrocco! Can't say I blame him... Bon Voyage and Buen Camino Frank! We will miss your gentle but determined nature.
Rugged up...Rugged up...
Rugged up...

But the cold will penetrate, as this old Senora, swaddled in her mountains of clothing can attest.
Independence?Independence?
Independence?

Photo courtesy of Kellie Urquhart http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellieu


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb