Camino de Santiago - Galicia - Camino Angels


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Santiago de Compostela
October 8th 2016
Published: October 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This is my last blog related to my walk along the Camino to Santiago. My previous blogs started with Planning My Camino de Santiago de Compostela Pilgrimage, followed by Barcelona, on the Way to the Camino de Santiago, Camino de Santiago - Navarre - Getting to Know You, Camino de Santiago - La Rioja - I´ll Be Seeing You, andCamino de Santiago - Art, Architecture, History, and Recovery. This blog ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 79, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th October 2016
The bridge at Ponte Ferreira

Congratulations on your Camino!
How perfect to meet so many wonderful 'angels' along the way, have only one day of rain and be able to walk that last 100 km despite your injured ankle. Arriving in Santiago is so emotional. I got a bit lost when I got to town (no tunnel back then), but a black labrador, much like my beloved pup, led me to the cathedral. There really is magic in the pilgrimage! Buen Camino, brother pilgrim!
16th October 2016
The bridge at Ponte Ferreira

Thank you for your comments...
as I walked the Camino. We have both experienced the Camino magic!
17th October 2016

Congratulations.
A fantastic achievement considering the ankle problems. I So enjoyed your blog and reading the lessons learnt, hopefully these will help me if i do partake of this walk. I look forward to your next adventure. Pip.
19th October 2016
Temporarily closed albergue - not what one wants to see

But there was a near by option in Ferreira...
Hello Bob. I am Juanma, the hospitalero at Ponte Ferreira. We are really sorry that you had to continue 6km further on the Camino that day and got there so tired! As you can see in the sign on the photo, there was another albergue in Ferreira, just 500m to the right, where you could have stayed; it is also run by us, the same hospitaleros at Ponte Ferreira, and is called Albergue A Nave (www.anavedeferreira.com). We had to close Ponte Ferreira for a few days on the second half of September for some works in the kitchen; sorry for the inconvenience caused! Buen Camino!
19th October 2016
Temporarily closed albergue - not what one wants to see

Thanks for your explanation about the other albergue being available.
I just don't walk back on the Camino. Your great reputation is well deserved if you were able to find my blog and comment, and chose to respond.
19th October 2016
The bridge at Ponte Ferreira

Again, thanks for telling your story
Again I want to thank you for telling your story about the hike. I have a few questions: 1 Is it necessary to book accomodation in advance or it it possible to find guesthouses/hostels etc as you go? 2 Is it possible to find shops, restaurants and cafes along the way or is it necessary to plan food etc very carefully? 3 Anything else you can think of that I should ask? Ake
20th October 2016
The bridge at Ponte Ferreira

Answers to your questions
1. You can only make reservations at private albergues and hotels, however, it's not necessary to make a reservations . I made reservations when I shipped my backpack forward. The Camino Frances has many albergues with more every year to cater to the increased demand. 2. This route also has many bars/cafes, restaurants and shops along the way with the longest distance between any being no more than 12 km. You do not have to plan carefully except to make sure you have enough water for those longer gaps. 3. My planning for the Camino blog and then my blogs about my experience should answer most of your concerns as would a good guide book.
19th October 2016

A star performance
I'm thrilled you finished your hike and can cross this one off the bucket list. What an experience. I think one of the best parts would be all the people you meet. The stories are fantastic. Love the dog and puppies. Gotta go....busy setting goals!
23rd October 2016

A real achievement
Well done Bob! What a great achievement given all your challenges. So glad you were able to bless and be blessed. Personally, I will do other parts of the Camino de Santiago again.
26th October 2016
Temporarily closed albergue - not what one wants to see

Thank you...
...for your comment. Would have been nice meeting you. Maybe next time you're on the Primitivo... :-) Buen Camino!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 23; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb