Second day: Vigo to Arcade


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Redondela
September 19th 2023
Published: September 20th 2023
Edit Blog Post

On the second day, the prodcedure to get ready seems already more obvious. After breakfast, despite the noise of the city Vigo, the “Camino—pace“ is quickly back.The slow mode of travelling seems already more normal and you know: you will reach your goal, step by step, in a steady pace.

We briefly visited the city's fish market on the way. In a local shop we got some water (the flavour of tap water is worth to avoid at any price…) and some sunflower kernels for our way. Leaving the busy atmosphere of city and traffic noise behind, after 20 minutes we were dwelling on some calm paths, enjyoing the view and meeting mostl co-pilgrims. The great landscape of the fjord-like topography followed us like a great documentary cinema.

Shortly before lunch we chose a detour of 35m to an indicated bar with a great view. In a pretty anglosaxon spirit, the bar served apple pie, ham-and-cheese pie, coffee and cold beverages. We enjoyed a lunch, did stroke the cat but not share our food and found strength to continue. Following the path, we mostly crossed forests changing with inhabitated areas. Redondela was behind us before we found another nice place to stay.

Two ladies close behind us started to exchange their motivation why they did the journey and Monika decided to ask the Universe or God, whatever your point of contact might be, for a place to have a coffee and go to toilet. As we discussed how probable these requests might become we arrived at a crossroad with a nice restaurant for a break.

Having one hour left to Arcade we started walking again. On the second day, some secrets of walking are much more obvious. On the first day these must be experienced and learned: Not before 15km you realise that you get into this mood of walking - maybe not in trance but a kind of inner equilibrium really worth achieving. Finally the last few miles are important too. Feet or some muscles start to suffer and you just want to arrive, however you know, the task needs to be finished properly. After arriving the relieving realisation that you did another day rewards you for the pain!

The next 27 km were added to our total distance, about 79 still in front of us - to be done in the next few days


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb