You can't get Madrid of me that easily!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
October 25th 2015
Published: October 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Safe and sound at Calle Bola 8, Madrid. Flight was fine in spite of absence of movies and other electronic distractions. Susan asked for sparkling wine, creating confusion as the stewar asked if she wanted ice and lemon with that. Turns out they only had sparkling WATER.

Oh - and champagne. REAL champagne, to wit: Heidsick (by appointment to Her Majesty, no less, etc., etc.) Monopole Blue Top. Complimentary. Free. Already paid for, sir. And would sir care for some mixed nuts with that? Finger sandwiches? Scone? Clotted cream? Lovely, there you go sir. And since sir and madam have finished their little bottles of champagne, shall I fetch two more little bottles?

And will there be anything else for now?

Whee!

Took us a while to get of the airport then had an honest cabbie to here (flat rate set on the metre, bless him) and Antonio, our landlord was over in less than two minutes. Lovely little flat exactly as promised, clean and quiet. Given the chaos we drove through only10 minutes away that is something of a miracle!

Unpacking now - well, Susan is as I am writing you - and will consider our next steps shortly. More tomorrow,

Tim

Advertisement



Tot: 0.539s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb