Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

ShoppingShoppingShopping

Shopping
Hola

Yesterday had a day off from playing tom the tourist and spent the day wandering one of the streets opposite us. It is a fashion street, a lovely tree lined street with just about every taste covered. We both picked up a few items to keep the economy going...the sales are on as it's coming to the end of summer here. we then wandered down towards the Prado museum and stolled through a huge park where the serenity was heaven, a lovely contrast to the heat and chaos of a large city. We mixed it with the locals and held up in a local bar and watched some of the Olympics untill Prado was open to the public...it's free after 6pm. Wow! Just the building alone is mind blowing apart from the ancient peices of art that grace the walls featuring all the great artisits from around the globe.

Today we are off to Paris via the over night train. Not sure what will be on the agenda until then but I'm sure we'll find something to do!

These are a few things that I've noticed that are different here in Madrid
Dogs are spotted in unusual
ShoppingShoppingShopping

Shopping
places, in the train station booking office, in our hotel, in stores, and we spot quite a few on leash throughout the city.
Space is a premium in Madrid and no doubt throughout Europe.
Food - fairly greasy...lots of pasta, pizza, hamburgers, and rarely vegetables...mainly luttuce, a few toms, eggplant, eggs (in salads). The fruit looks a little insipid and yet to spy broccoli, cauli or carrots. In the hope of finding an assortment last night i ordered veal with wok stirfy veg and received three circular peices of eggplant zuchini and carrot each which was delish...no green stuff insight!
Wine by the glass...sometimes cheaper than R's diet coke!

See you from Paris next.

Chao from Madrid~

~Feel free to leave us a message on the blog here...we'd love to hear from you!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

MadridMadrid
Madrid

Park
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Park
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Local Bar
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Prado
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Park
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Park
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Prado
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Prado


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb