Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
October 13th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

MadridMadridMadrid

Atocha Station after 5 days on the road.
As we depart Salamanca for Madrid and the last three nights of our European vacation 2005, we remember we didn't bring our map of Madrid or the book about Spain, so we "flying" using visual rules.

The roads to Madrid are also under construction. In fact, we discover that they are in the process of burying one of the main arteries into the city! After a hasty internet Map Quest, Herv the Magnificent Navigator believes he knows how to get us to the rental car drop-off at Atocha Station.

When we exit a little earlier than planned, his keen sense of direction and our memories from our previous visit to Madrid actually get us to the Gran Via, Plaza de Cibeles and ultimately, Atocha Station unscathed. And, although the Hertz agency is unimpressed, those of who know about driving with Herv are in awe. we unload the Beemer, with mixed feelings and head to the Hotel Morotin, a mile trip which takes about forty minutes because of road construction.

Happily ensconced in the middle of Madrid, we are happy to get out and about and it's not raining.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

MadridMadrid
Madrid

One of the roundabouts Captain Herv negotiated to get us there safe and sound.
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Plaza de Cibeles.
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Plaza Mayor preparing for Halloween.
MadridMadrid
Madrid

The happy wanderers at the end of another sucessful adventure.
GreenlandGreenland
Greenland

I think, because it's white all over.


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb