i´m in MADRID YESSSS!!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

o.k so seriously i have had some crazy days! so we arrive in Paris...of course the train was behind by an hour and a half and we we arrive its like 10 degress and POURING rain so mallory and i find our hostel ( we are starting to get better at this..and the paris metro is SO CONFUSING) and we sit in our hostel and wait for the rain to stop..do some laundry to kill time and then attempt to go for a walk while we get a very short sunny break!! then it just pours more so we go back to our hostel and go to bed early! BLAH! we also decided that we hate this cold weather we have been getting for the past wee and a half and decided to screw Paris and do it on the way back!! so the next day we wake up and check outta our hostel and go to the train station to reserve seats for the night train to Madrid!! WELL....lol....we kinda forgot about the RUNNING OF THE BULLS!!! i actaully orignally wanted to go to that in Pamplona cuz i thgought the spanish worshiped the bulls but NOPE..they KILL THEM!!! so i am really really REALLY agianst that!!! so ya the trains were all booked up for 3 days...or longer...cuz i think even after the 3 days only 1st class was available!! plus the reservation alone JUST for 2nd class WITH our europass was $50!!! i almost died!! and the guy hardly knew english and i kept saying¨.... so there is NO way at all that i can get to mardid in the next couple day... and hes like. NO!! lol so of course theres a way...its only a 13 hours train ride away!! THERE HAS TO BE A WAY!!! so i stand in line agian and talk to someone else and and i ask him to get us as close to Madrid as possible!!!! so he of couse gives us funny looks and tells us EVERYTHING IS BOOKED!!! NO WAY INTO MADRID!! but i just say....get me the closest thing too.....so he reserves us seats to a town called Hendaye! lol so for the rest of the day we take a guided tour of Paris and go up the Effel tower and when you see the pics your gonna notice that it was not the best expeirence..it poured rain and it was cold to the point that i had to cover my ears cuz they were FREEZING!" yes and its july lol!!! when we go back to Paris we are gonna do the Effel tower agian...when its sunny...and WARM!!!

so that night we take our random train adeventure to our mystery town of Hendaye except we don´t even get off there!! we stay on till the next stop cuz we made some freinds and they told us that they are trying to get to pamplona and thats the same train as madrid and so we were all in the same situation!!! so we get off at some random town call Irun . i think its either right in Spain or like right on the border of France and Spain...either way we take a train to a town called San Sebastian from Irun where we have a very hard time trying to find a ticket to Madrid ( at this point we are only a 5 hour train ride away) and NOBODY speaks english but finally we somehow reserved a seat to Madrid and i´m pretty sure it must have been the last seats EVER lol! and prob from someone cancelling their reservation...so the train ride was´t till the evneing so we walk outta the train station, walk up the road 5 minutes and come to this GORGEOUS beach with huge sUrfing waves and just tanned and swam all day!! and tanning topless much be huge in europe cuz everyone did lol so i did too!! lol it NO TAN LINES!!!

so ya we caught the train to Madrid and the train was was STUNNING! we went through the Pyrenees mountain range and then some hill like desert land, some really tropical kinda lush land and at some points( and this is sooo random) it kinda reminded me of Iraq lol!!! it was an awesome train ride!!! we arrived and i love Madrid i will write more about Madird and stuff later!!! today we are gonna go on a day trip ( hopefully) to a cute town just outta Madrid)

xoxo

p.s. its HOT HER!! FINALLY!!!
p.s.s. after all those people saying we couldn´t go to Madrid and we got here!!! HAHA!!

Advertisement



7th July 2007

I'm not surprised
Hey that was a major coup getting the last tickets. Somehow I am not surprsied from someone who sat at the computer for hours on end figuring it all out. Tres bon !!!
8th July 2007

Iraq?
It reminded you of Iraq? But we havn't been there since we were such tiny children, how would you remember? I would've gotten out of Paris too. That's crazy that you guys got to Madrid. good job.

Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb