i never wanna leave Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
July 12th 2007
Published: July 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

i have fallen in love!!! his name is Portugal and i never wanna leave him lol!!!

maybe i loved Madrid so much cuz it was hot...or maybe it was the palm trees or the spanish guys but i actaully realized that i was sick of the cities!!! it was fun and great to explore but i was so ready for a beach so we took a night train to Lisbon, Portugal and thats when i fell in love!!

Lisbon is small, its friendly, its easy to get around, its on a gorgeous bay and half an hour away are some fantiastic beaches!!! ( although the water is freezing) we went to a few beaches and enjoyed the tanning and the waves were pretty huge and kinda fun to play with till my body turned to ice!!! lol our hostel was creepy and kept falling apart on us ´but we meet some great people and did have one night of some crazy partying and had a crazy taxi adventure ( we got a cab home while drunk and he literally drove us one block and was like...ummm...this is your stop...but we were so drunk and we were like nooooo....but then we realizized it was and it cost us like 3 euro and the starting price was like 2.50 LOL) blah..so much more happeend in Lisbon..we were there for 3 days lol ummmm....its very catholic and we arrived on a sunday morning with the WORST directions EVER....and the only way we even found our hostel was from a really nice bus driver who told us when to get off!!! then we needed change for the bus into the beach but we had none so we walked about for 2 hours trying to find a store that was open so we could get change but cuz portugal is very catholic and NOTHING was open on a Sunday we couldnt find a damn store so we walked back to our hostel and what do ya know...the bar next to it is open so we got change!! lol so ya yesterday we took a train down to Lagos Portugal...WOW!!! and by WOW i mean i never wanna leave EVER!!! lagos is what made me fall in love with Portugal!! I am gonna post pics of our trip so far later today and there will be a few of Lagos but the best will be tomorrow when i go take pics of all the rock formations and cliffs and beaches!!! seriously...its heaven here!!! we are actaully staying an extra night and i wish i could stay forever!! our hostel is amazing as well...and the people are so friendly and everything is cheap and the beaches are like out of the world!!! i am comnig back here within the year with some friends for sure!!!!

so there is some bad news!!! i think my sister is going home!! shes homesick so i think after we are done Morocco, Africa shes gonna catch a flight home and i will backpacking Europe on my own!!! AHHHHHH!!! i am not scared at all but i am sad she leaving and i hope i am not too lonely!!!

xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb