Top 5 Things to Do in Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
June 4th 2019
Published: June 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Madrid is one of the most attractive cities with full of cultural aspects and Renaissance masterworks. People come to visit this place to explore different structural beauties along with the antique feel with natural sightseeing. If you are up for a visit to Madrid, you can take help from this article to get ideas on which things to do in Madrid.



Explore Renaissance with “Plaza Mayor”: Plaza Mayor is the ultimate witness of the Renaissance period, which is from the early 1600s. This historical square is surrounded by three high storied buildings. There is a total of nine entrances to the square and within the bottom of the buildings, there are several cafes. You can experience the beauty of Madrid by sitting outside the cafes and having a cup of coffee. Don’t forget to explore the 400-year-old bronze statue of King Philip III, who was in power of the Spanish empire.



Visit the Museum “The Prado”: The Prado is one of the most popular art museums in the world. You will find incredible masterpiece collections of renaissance and baroque masters. One of the most popular artists of the Prado is the Spanish Romantic Goya. His 14 Black Paintings are considered as Spanish cultural identification.



Explore Greenery in “Retiro Park”: Madrid is not only about architectural sites but you will experience full of life here. There are full of elegant gardens, especially, Retiro Park can be a great option to choose. If you are visiting with kids, you can try paddling on the Grand Pond opposite to the monument of Alfonso XII. You will encounter the oldest tree in the city, Montezuma Cypress, which was planted in 1633 and surrounded by an iron fence.



Encounter the Royal Palace: To experience something antique, you should definitely visit this place that was built in the mid-1700s for King Philip V. The most interesting part is, this fortress was burned down in 1734. This beautiful architectural site is the largest royal palace in Western Europe. You will find the artworks by Goya, Caravaggio, and Velázquez here.



National Archaeological Museum: To get to know Spain’s rich history, this museum can be a great choice to visit. The magnificent items from the Roman period will definitely amaze you. You will be surprised by the new look of treasures and sculptures, which are at least 2,500 years old.





In a word, Madrid is such a city that deserves being in your bucket list.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.537s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb