Madrid in the Sunshine


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
April 24th 2016
Published: April 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sunday Madrid Day #8

We took a walk in the King's park, behind the Royal Palace about noon today. It was not as nice, surprisingly, as the park we walked in 2 days ago when we were at the 17th and 18th century Palace in that little town that begins with A that I keep forgetting how to spell. Anyway, the Royal grounds in Madrid need some Royal groundskeepers attention. We then walked back through the city and found a cafe where Cusack had a Gin and Tonic and I had a beer. The weather is lovely here, in the mid-60's and sunny.

Madrid is looking more economically healthy and busy than when we where here in 2013. Their are major rehabs of old buildings underway in the city center. The building has resumed in the suburbs. Apartment and housing prices are going up again but Spain still remains a great bargain compared to some North American cities. Larry went out for a walk at 5:50 Pm and said the entire population of Madrid was shopping on the street a block from out apartment.

Spaniards don't entertain in the homes as much as we Americans do, so if they are going to meet up with friends they are going to go to a bar or a restaurant, so there are hundreds of places to go out and eat just within an easy walk of here. We are in

Chueca: Trendy, mixed with traditional and gay

MalasaƱa: Hipster, Bars, History

<span>It can make for loud street noise on weekend nights. Sundays are quieter so we have got through the worst of the weekend now. I think it was Friday at 4 AM and the crowd was still pretty loud. I heard a police motorcycle pull up, briefly blow his siren and them tell everyone to go home. At least that's what I think was said, and wishin 15 minutes in quieted down considerably.

<ul style="margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1.618em; margin-left: 0px; color:񑘕 font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">
• This was our last weekend in Madrid, and we have had such a good time in this charming and vivacious city.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.416s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb