Madrid, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
March 26th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are enjoying spain! The culture is so different than the States, everyone dresses in nice shoes, scarves, jewelery, and nice pants where ever they go. I havent seen anyone but Americans dress in 'comfy clothes' and a hoodie. I have been trying to taste a variety of Spanish food and drinks. So far this is what i've tried - tuna and tomatoe empinadas, tapas, paella, risoto with *cooked* red meat, the 'special' sandwhich at a local hole in the wall authentic spanish cafe which had three layers of toast, asparagus, cheese, bacon, ham *which is more similar to broschuto *and lettuce. my favorite so far are the tuna empiunadas and paella but everything is delicious!! for drinks ive tried sangria, mojito, beer and wine. not a fan of spanish beer and wine but their sangria and mojitos were to die for! Madris is known for their olive oil, and while at an authentic restaurant we tasted bread and olive oil with our wine. I hope to bring some back to the states.. it was so flavorful and tastes nothing like the oil im used to.

Other than eating and drinking we have visited some museums, one art one royal palace, europes largest flea market, and a went to a jazz club. there are a suprising amount of street performers here and people who dress up in crazy outfits on the street to get money. Madrid is literally the city that never sleeps, except during their siesta time from 2 to 4 pm. Our hostel offers pub crawls almost every night of the week. It starts at 10pm wwith sangria and paella at the hostel bar, then you go to 2 different bars for shots and dancing. at 4am there were as many people out as during the day. Most bars stay open until 6 or 7am. Needless to say we partook in the spanish tradition of a siesta during the middle of the day.

Today is our last day in Spain as we leave for Paris on a night train this evening. We have our bags packed and ready to play some cribbage on the ride to Paris.

Au revoir pour maintenent!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb