Lights, Camera... Red Carpet Action


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
September 9th 2010
Published: September 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Red Carpet ActionRed Carpet ActionRed Carpet Action

Once the event finished, we stuck around for our own quick pic on the red carpet
So, supposedly, every year Vogue hosts Fashion's Night Out, a global celebration of fashion throughout some of the biggest cities in the world (NY, Paris, etc). Madrid was a part of the festivities and the party was actually hosted just two blocks from the apartment where I am living (that might tell you a little bit of how upscale a neighborhood I live in). I saw them setting up all day for the event as they rolled out the red carpet, set up all the cameras, and as the stores were getting ready for tons of people to flood their doors. Seeing all the excitement, I thought it would be worth checking out that night. So, there I found myself at the one event I probably never would have pictured myself at: a fashion celebration!

Part of the celebration is the arrival and appearance of many fashion moguls from the industry and as well as other Spanish stars who all looked flawless. I of course didn't know any of these people, but still felt a little excitement as people would give a yell or scream when they saw someone come out on the carpet, or when the cameras would all go off in rapid fire. That part was rather boring as it was only just walking these people who you didn't know.

What most people go for is the shops. This was held on the block where all the most expensive stores are (Dior, Channel, Armani, etc.) and they were all open late until midnight with music and free drinks in all. So, of the thousands of people that packed the street, most where just there for the free drinks and giveaways in the stores. They also had DJ's and other entertainment along the side streets.

We had fun wandering from store to store and just taking in the atmosphere. And now I can saw I've been to a fashion celebration... ugh!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

DJ's in the StreetDJ's in the Street
DJ's in the Street

this guy was really good and had a big crowd dancing around him
The Exclusive TentThe Exclusive Tent
The Exclusive Tent

We couldn't get into here


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb