the trains in spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
January 4th 2008
Published: January 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so much has happened in the past day and a half! yesterday we woke up and climbed this old moorish fortress called alcazaba.. beautiful! must say i was a little hung over from the day before and it was very cold and rainy but i still had a great time! i took lots of pics so hopefully i can post some soon and show you. after alcazaba we packed up and headed out to the train station. i absolutely LOVED riding the train! wow such a delightful experience! the coutryside is so beautiful... all the mountains and vineyards.... wowwwww. we rode the brand new AVE trains and i think ours got up to almost 300 kph but you can barely tell you´re even moving. very smooth ride, very relaxing after walking all over malaga with 50 lbs strapped to my back and 30 more hanging off my shoulder! i have discovered, with much delight, that the decemberists produce the best music for traveling by train! especially the song called the bus mall. liz and lauren know what i´m talking about!

our hostel here in madrid is pretty nice. i´m on the top bunk in a room with 8 other girls. everyone is so friendly and interesting! i´ve met people from all over the world.. it´s really a neat place. let´s see.... last night we walked around the city.. got to explore a little. even though it´s not really tourist season the streets are packed and everyone stays out very late. we found a restaurant that serves tex-mex... so yeah... we stopped in for some quesadillas, fajitas and nachos with guacamole! stopped by a local bar and ordered and pitcher of sangria. i´m, seriously having THE TIME OF MY LIFE!!! i can´t say it enough! i´m learning more and more spanish and even beginning to understand a little bit of it. i had a very brief conversation with our waiter and afterwards was so excited that i did a little happy dance in my chair! i would so love to stay long enough to become fluent... something to think about for the future maybe???

ok today was great! got to sleep in then we went on a free 3 hours walking tour of the city. finally got to try some paella, a spanish staple... basically rice with seafood and some kind of sauce. more sangrias and lots and lots of walking! i love it! the architecture here is astonishing! i´m talking a quick break right now.... oh excuse me.. a siesta! then we´ve got a busy schedule tonight! gonna go to the train station to reserve my seat for barcelona, then we´re going to the prado musem it´s free from 6 to 8. it´s supposed to be the second best art museum after the louvre! after that we´re going on a pub crawl that includes 3 bars and 1 discoteque... it think that´s how you spell it? umm.. anyways i´m sure there will be a lot to write about tomorrow!

Advertisement



4th January 2008

YAY!!! im so happy your having a good time!! Um...if you plan on going away again...im defiantly going with you!!! Everything sounds amazing!! Im so happy your having a good time!!!! I MISS YOU!!!
6th January 2008

YAY!
wow Michelle!!!! I can't believe you're in freaking SPAIN and now you're having conversations with people in SPANISH! my sister ROCKS... :) I'm so glad to hear you're having so much fun. I miss you! hope to hear from you soon. LOVE YOUUUUU

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb