Chueca and chocolate


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
July 31st 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Travel blog for July 31st:
So I’m really writing this on August 3rd, but the blog site has been down for a couple days, so I’m going to try to post this as well as e-mail it if I can upload the videos properly. So, the 31st of July Deanna took Lillie and me into Madrid to view the Van Gogh exhibit, The Final Landscapes, at the Thyssen Museum. It was sad because you could see the disparities between the works and guess that whatever was bothering him or whatever affliction he was suffering from in his final days was coming through his painting loud and clear. Then we walked to Chueca to shop for shoes. Most of the shops had closed for the August holiday already or were closed for siesta. We found a cool boutique called The Melting Pot where we tried on lots of one-of-a-kind samples left from Fashion Week that were 50-70% off. The sales clerk was an older Spanish woman who dressed in the clothes from the store, so she looked totally cool and carried herself very well. She told us to just try on whatever we wanted just for the fun of it and to pass time. “If the clothes don’t fit, it’s not you, it’s the clothes.” Needless to say, we loved her.

Afterwards we found a shoe store and Lillie bought a pair of Chuck Taylor ballet flats for €9,00. Or rather, I bought them. She has a hard time prying open her wallet.

The last stop before we headed home was the Chocolate Bar. It’s a bar, shop, and café that sells all kinds of chocolate and chocolate accessories like champagnes, wines, and liqueurs that pair well with particular chocolates. We ordered a trio of chocolate milks, a chocolate Panini, and chocolate ice cream. Then it was time to head home for dinner.

No videos today, just sore feet and full bellies.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb