Week 4 Agde, Andorra, Vic, Platja D'Aro, Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
October 27th 2013
Published: October 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

Then our tour went into the Pyrenees. Cathrine was quiet for four hours. We made the " måbødalen and trollstigen" four times in one tour (our norwegian followers now what we are talking about) Finally we arrived in Andorra. The development in Andorra are enormous. There are approx 18 years since last time we visited Andorra. Hotels skilifts roads and all infrastructure have had an big facelift. We woke up to + 8C. And had a fantastic view whereever we looked. We also reached the highest point on our tour with 2408 meters.



Our next stop was Vic, and industrial and farming town on the way to Costa Brava.



In Platja D'Aro we rested for two days had our laundry done locally. And stayed at at Aire almost in the middle of the town. And 200 meters to the water.



In Barcelona we stayed at Llige a vall for one night, took the bus and metro into the city.



We moved the second day to a central parking close the the Olympic Stadion on a hilltop with a view of most of Barcelona. We took a one day sightseeing with the hop on hop off bus. At Camp Nou we had the chance to see the stadium, go througt the museum and take pictures with the players from Barcelona FC. Cathrine tried really hard to get tickets for the match of the year, Barcelona versus Real Madrid but no. At least we did see the stadium and it was fantastic. We jumped on the bus again and had lunch at Mercat de Santa Caterina. A fantastic food center with absolutely everything from the local food farmers.



The Cathedral in Barcelona where the starting point for this year Spanish Rally WRC. We participated in the pressconference and the start of the first cars.



Barcelona is huge. The roundabouts had nine circles. We made it and on the way out of town we even made a reprise of the raundabout and succeded again.



The tour then took us along the coast to Salou and Cambrils, on the roads we met a lot of the participant in WRC Rally. The special stages were along the coast and up in the hill side on Costa Dourada.



On saturday evening we went to a local restaurant where we could see the match between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Local supporters where in a good mood and even better when Barcelona scored. The atmosphere was high. It ended 2-1 Barcelona. We really enjoyed it. So from now on its Barcelona for us 😊t



We enjoy to travel at this slow speed, trying to avoid the motorways and making approx 200 each day on the road.



We are heading further south, dont now where..

Having a cup of coffee in 21 C first 😊

X d


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

AndorraAndorra
Andorra

There where not to much traffic...phew
AndorraAndorra
Andorra

I did not say much the hours the trip to Andorra lasted... ;)
AndorraAndorra
Andorra

Breathtaking...
Camp NouCamp Nou
Camp Nou

F C Barcelona home stadion.
The butcher making me a beef tartar.The butcher making me a beef tartar.
The butcher making me a beef tartar.

In Santa Catharina market. Enormous food market in Barcelona.


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb