Part 2 Tossa de Mar


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Tossa De Mar
June 19th 2016
Published: June 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

June 19 cont.

We headed north towards Tossa del mar. It was nice to do some highway driving vs driving in the city. We arrived at our hotel in the afternoon about one block from the ocean with a view of the Mediterranean and a historical gothic castle. We unpacked and ran down to the beach. It was warm, beautiful, and so relaxing. So relaxing in fact that I fell asleep for about 45 minutes. I found it so strange to be at the beach and have the sun set behind me, this California girl is not used to that. I dipped my toes in the Mediterranean for the first time, Sven's second. We reviewed the restaurant scene and settled on a delicious tapas place and sipped on sangria. The owners of the restaurant provided complementary port wine and schnapps. Got gelato in the walk home and called it a night.



June 20

We slept in (thank you blackout curtains) and woke up and hit the market for some snacks and headed to the beach for a beach day. We spent a majority of the day at the beach bathing in the sun, swimming in the ocean, and drinking sangria. Later on, we explored the castle grounds near by and took in the amazing views. And again, ended the evening eating tapas and drinking sangria, can you see the trend? I really enjoyed Spain for this reason alone.



June 21

A large part of the reason we decided to explore the northern coast was because we thought it would be fun to check out the Salvador dali museum in Figueres and thought it would be too much to do all in one day. So we checked out of our hotel and headed to the museum about an hour away. The route from the coast took us up through the hills and country side, a very beautiful drive. Spotted an old Zodiac warehouse, my family used to sell these inflatable boats back when I was a baby in the Bay Area. The Dali museum was very interesting and odd as to be expected but it was also beautiful and worth the trip. We enjoyed some delicious paella for lunch and headed back to Barcelona. Once back in Barcelona, we checked into our 2nd Airbnb and decided it was time to ditch the car, we no longer wanted or needed to drive in the city. We returned the car and walked the 20minutes or so back and explored the area. Then we met up with our friend, Steven who had been doing a Euro trip of his own. We had dinner, you guessed it, more tapas and sangria and shared travel stories.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb