Lazy day at the super L’Amfora Campsite.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Roses
September 17th 2016
Published: September 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Not a good forecast for the day, lots of cloud and a few spots of rain and that’s what we got. No complaints, we’ve done fantastically well with the weather this trip so far.

So a lazy Saturday. Had to check that as we often forget what day of the week it is.

Lots of books to read in this Tandy and, heaven forbid we should run out, can always download more via Amazon Kindle which I’ve discovered does work over its 3g even without wifi.

We had lunch at the campsite bar. An indulgence. Patatas Fritas. Had some perfectly good healthier options in the Tandy fridge but sometimes nothing but chips will do.

We walked them off along the beach. Nothing like a walk on sand for creaky knees, far better than any medication. The campsite beach is endless, goes from L’Escala to the south to Roses in the north, right round the Bay of Roses. Miles of lovely soft sand and super for walking on. Not sure I'd have fancied a swim today even if it had been warm enough as we found some pretty big jellyfish on the edge of the sea, not the sort you'd want to build a hugging relationship with certainly.

As it was pretty cloudy and certainly windy there was nobody swimming or sunbathing but there were plenty of people on the beach and in the sea providing us with very good entertainment. This beach is Windsurfers and Kite Surfers heaven and they were out in force. We watched a couple of the kite surfers doing some pretty amazing jumps, feet up above the waves.

Took lots of photos, trying to catch the surfers mid air. Oddly the photos taken towards the south show a dark and ominous looking sky whereas to the north it is gloriously blue.

Back at the campsite I went for a swim. Just me and one enormous pool. 30+ breast strokes end to end and against the wind it was a little like swimming up hill. 10 lengths later I felt quite virtuous ensuring I did my daily exercise as it really was a little chilly in the water. Hope this wind drops soon, it’s getting rather tedious and making it too chill to sit outside in the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 30; qc: 140; dbt: 0.2865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.4mb