Second chillout day in Blanes and weather gorgeous. Can't believe it's only March ist.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Lloret de Mar
March 1st 2022
Published: March 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Realised when I showered the other day on one of our free for the night aire camp sites that the hair dryer didn't work when I plugged it in. ha ha. Not surprising as we weren't hooked up.. so hairstyle has been a little je ne c'cest quoi for the last few days. Delighted today, after using our super motorhome shower (as not walking 1/4 mile to the campsite shower facilities) to actually be able to style my hair normally again using the hair dryer, now working.

So all clean and ship shape again we walked along the promenade into the town. Sun out, long sleeve sweaters swapped for short sleeved t-shirts, fleeces left on the hook and what a lovely day for a stroll along the seafront. Getting as much Vitamin D as we can. We've been taking it throughout the last 2 years as an anti-covid measure but sunshine is the very best of all and sunshine aplenty today. It was certainly 18.5 degrees at one point according to a pharmacy thermomter. No idea why pharmacies here and in France display the temperature but they often do !

Along the promenade again which looked even better today as it wasn't filled with a miscellany of market stalls. There were about a dozen stalls of fresh fruit and veggies though and it seems they are there every day. Bought some blueberries and just had to admire the rest as don't need any more fresh produce yet.

We stopped at a different cafe today and managed to find Tapas as really had too much lunch yesterday. We just love the padron peppers and they went really nicely with the humous and crudities and a couple of croquettes. Perfect.

I was forced to try the sea but not of course for a swim as that woud have been silly though we did see a group of people who had obviously just taken a dip. Main problem with the beach is that though it is golden it is not sand. It is fine grit. The painful sort which gets between your toes and makes you squeal. Managed to get down to the sea for a paddle then hobbled back over the torturous 'sand' and dried the grit of my wet feet as best I could. Worth it just for the feel of the sea on my feet again.

Back to the campsite by taxi again. Motorhome all tidied up ready for a drive tomorrow. Further south we go to just below Valencia where we will stay put for a week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb