All Tri Wanted For His Birthday Was a Happy Ending


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 1st 2010
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.3879, 2.16992Having been to Barcelona so many times, there really aren't any touristic sights I want to see anymore - staying here has become more about enjoying the city itself, which for most people, is really the best sight of all. Bernadette, Jess, and Tri ended up doing a "free" walking tour of Gaudi's sights, which hit up some of the residences he designed, such as... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zizi
zi

Seeing me take pictures of our food, the Spanish couple asked if I wanted a picture of theirs, too.
zjzj
zj

Happy belated birthday Tri!
zkzk
zk

Jamon iberico sandwich ... so simple, but so good. One of the all time best food combinations is jamon and tomato, because their flavours are so complementary - the saltiness of the ham enhances the tomato, and the acidity of the tomato balances the rich fattiness of the jamon..
zmzm
zm

On the left are chunks of perfectly fried eggplant, drizzled with molasses. This was probably one of the two best dishes I had here last year, the other being little fried rabbit riblets served with aioli. On the right are jamon serrano croquettes - nicely fried, with a nice creamy texture inside. Sometimes Spaniards can make some pretty gross and gooey croquettes.
znzn
zn

Patatas bravas - another Spanish tapa staple, good, but nothing special.
zpzp
zp

Our waiter from last year has now been promoted to a chef! Congrats!
zqzq
zq

Second round of tapas - fried shrimp, chosen because the people next to us ordered it, and it looked great. Disappointing ... though perfectly fried, the flesh was very mushy. It was also very expensive, at about 8 Euros - it almost tasted Chinese-style, and for that price at a Chinese restaurant, you would receive 2-3 times that amount..
zrzr
zr

Tuna carpaccio, served with some type of vinaigrette and a tomato sauce - very good. There was also a smoked salmon dish that looked tasty, but we didn't have the room for it. Two years in a row, there wasn't any room left for dessert.
zszs
zs

Melon District - a place near the hostel, I thought it might have been a new condo development for sale, but it's actually a student residence. Looks like a super cool place to live.
ztzt
zt

No, I'm not a total pervert for taking this picture - the girl riding the bike is doing it in some pretty high heels, which we thought was quite impressive!
zuzu
zu

Killer samosa ... potato and veggies, still kinda warm - only 1 Euro!
zvzv
zv

Like an oven inside the bar, it's nice that in Spain you can take your drink outside, even though here in Barcelona we were forced to pour them into plastic cups. A small price to pay!
zozo
zo

Tri's Happy Ending!



13th September 2010

Pat is that buddy again, painted red and pretending to be a living statue like the people on La Ramblas? Boy that dog is sure getting around!!!
13th September 2010

It is, he's a busy little dog when you aren't around!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb