Day 14


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 1st 2015
Published: June 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today is one of a few day tours that Michelle had organised.

Blue skies and sunny forecasted for everyday we are here. Temp was 24, but feels a lot hotter.

We are off to places called Girona, Pals and Costa Brava.

Hour and half bus ride gets us to old Girona, which is a very old town with Roman influence of stone walls and towers surrounding the town. The houses were built into the walls on the inside for protection against outsiders.

We learn of the Jewish influence in the 12 century untill the Black Plague hit and nearly wiped everyone out. It was a great history lesson into the little town.

We are given free time to explore all the tiny pathways and climb the wall that makes up the town.

It was fascinating.

Next we visit the medieval town of Pals.

Based on the same principal as Girona except a tiny village. We only spend about half hour here due to its size.

Last stop is Costa Brava, a nice seaside retreat that attracts many holiday makers in summer.

The beaches are lined with sunbathers, I note the European way of topless is quite interesting.

The water is crystal clear and the beaches are pebble not sand, very hard to walk on

A good place for lunch by the sea and a few beers,before the 90 minute drive back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb