B6 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 12th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: "What is the current political structure/government in this country/region?"

Spain, also known as the "Kingdom Of Spain" is ruled by a parliamentary monarchy. Their legal system is a civil law system with regional variations. They, like us, are not able to vote for anything until the age of 18. They also are obligated to participate in jurisdictions with reservations. They also have many political parties and pressure groups as well as leaders.

http://www.gospain.org/facts/

Spain is being ruled by a "parliamentary monarchy". This means that Spain has Kings and Queens. In order to become a King or Queen, you must be the son or daughter of the resent monarch. Although Spain is ruled differently from us here in the United States, they have many of the same political views as us. In order for people to vote on anything in Spain, they must be at least of 18 years of age. They also have to participate in what we call jury duty in Spain too. Not only that, but they also have many governmental branches as well. they have the Legislative branch, the Executive branch, and the Judicial branch as well. Spain is not so different from us; in fact they have very much in common.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb