FCB and Picasso Museum


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
March 9th 2011
Published: March 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Spanish Hot ChocolateSpanish Hot ChocolateSpanish Hot Chocolate

Much thicker, but delicious! Almost like a syrup or pudding.
Today was Jake's last day here. We're both a bit worn out, but want to make the most of the rest of our time here. We actually did quite a bit today.

We got breakfast at a local bar restaurant near our hotel. It was a similar dish to yesterday's- two eggs, bacon, fries, and a salad. We tried to order a Spanish hot chocolate or Xocolate a la tessa, but didn't know the name for it at the time and when we tried to describe it, they told us they didn't have it. Instead we just got some espresso.

It was longer breakfast than usual- a combination of us taking things a little slower plus the habits off these cafes that don't bring you the check until you ask for it.

After breakfast, we headed out to the FC Barcelona stadium. It was probably furthest outside of town than we had been yet. This was kinda nice because we got to see another area. We took the train out there and had to transfer a few times. Getting off the train, we were sort of disoriented, even after looking at the map and ended up going a
FCB StadiumFCB StadiumFCB Stadium

About the most interesting part of the stadium.. not saying a whole lot
few blocks in the wrong direction. Once we got on course we arrived at the stadium. It was a little... Bleh. Not very impressive for all the hype over the team. I guess it makes sense, as it was built over 50 years ago.

We took a couple pictures and then went in to the gift shop store and browsed the merch. Then we grabbed a couple Cokes and sat outside the arena.

Next we were headed for the Picasso Museum. I was very glad we went here. First, it was tucked away in this neighborhood of narrow streets and we almost missed it walking through the streets. The museum is devoted entirely to work of Picasso (obviously, I guess). But it had probably a couple hundred pieces of work.

Seeing his work and his oil painting techniques made me excited about continuing my oil painting when I return home in April. I couldn't take many pictures inside the museum because we were quickly told we can't take pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

FCB BusFCB Bus
FCB Bus

Classic bus they used to take to matches. Kinda creepy actually.
Coool facade on buildingCoool facade on building
Coool facade on building

Those are supposed to look like security cameras.
Tapas TapasTapas Tapas
Tapas Tapas

..and more tapas
FCBFCB
FCB

Outside FC Barcelona stadium


Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb