Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
December 28th 2010
Published: December 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello all. Today we wanted to do many things however I turned off the alarm, rolled over and went back to sleep. Alas it was after ten when we woke up. We rushed off in hopes to see the Picasso museum but when we arrived, the line was three hours long. Plan B, Gaudi! We decided to then visit the Sagrada Familia Cathedral. We stopped in Santa Maria del Mar Cathedral along the way. It was very beautiful. We took a different subway line to get to the Sagrada Familia. The Sagrada Familia was incredible from the outside. It looks like it melts. Margaret and I had a picnic lunch while looking at the cathedral. After lunch we decided to go inside but again the line was extremely long. We decided to come back at a different time, when we could get tickets online and not have to wait on such a long line. We walked down the "Block of Discord" featuring many modernista edificios such as Casa Mila "La Pedrera", Casa Amatiler, Casa Morera and Casa Batllo. After walking seven miles, we ended up at the Placa de Cataluna and hopped on the subway to return back to our hotel. We finished the evening by enjoying paella at a local restaurant "Man Go."


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb