Last day in Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 20th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!
Yesterday was a very relaxing day. We slept in and decided that we wanted to eat at a restaurant (for the first time since we left =) and people watch. So we wandered up our street and picked a nice little bar / restaurant and chose a seat next to the window. We just sat and talked for an hour or so and observed a little bit of the cultural differences and clothing styles in Spain. Nike high tops are very popular around here along with MC Hammer style pants. heehee... pretty funny. After lunch we decided to go to the beach with our friend / hostel roommate Julia... but by the time we decided to leave it was getting late and we wanted to see the Picasso Mesuem. So we walked down the cobblestone streets and worked our way over to the mesuem. It was in a very beautiful stone building with lots of corridors. Two of the sections of the mesuem were closed off... but after a few hours of wandering around we absorbed as much information as we could handle about Mr. Picasso... =) We walked though a large courtyard on the way home and there was a wedding that just ended with the bride and groom having rose pettals thrown at them. It was sweet. We took our time on the walk back to the hostel and stopped at a few shops, picked up some post cards, and got some candy. Once we got home we decided to just sit and read for a while and just relax for the rest of the day...
Today we woke up early to go to the beach... but to our suprise it was raining!! So we turned around and changed and decided that we would do a test walk for our journey to the bus station (we are flying out of Barcelona at 6:45am... so we are catching a bus at 3:45am... CRAZY =) But once we started walking it stopped raining and the sun started to come out... ces´t la vie... It was a nice walk down some not so crowded streets. We found that food was much cheeper once you got away from the main street La Rambla (our hostel is about a half a block away). The bus station was pretty easy to find it is just up the street from the Arc de Triomf. Once we foud the bus station we decided to take a trip to the Montjuic. There was so much to see that we picked out a couple and started with the the Castell de Montjuic. It was expensive to take the gondella ride so we decided to treck up the mountain on foot. It was a pretty steep! We took a break half way up at a rest spot with beautiful views of Barcelona. The Castell de Montjuic was enormous!! Unfortunately by the time we got there we only got to walk through one of the exhibits before 2pm came around and everything closed down... I still haven´t gotten use to that yet... =) When we were done there we walked down the mountain toward the area where the 1992 Olympic´s were held in Barcelona. We weren´t quite sure what we were expecting.. but there really wasn´t much too it. So we kept walking down and sat by the Art museum and enjoyed some music from a rugby game that was going on. On our way out of Montjuic we saw the Foutain majic. It was a huge fountain that came on at night and was suppose to be very beautiful and magical. So we decided to go back at 9 and watch the show. (it was very beautiful when we got back. it was choreographed to some music and was very colorful). We also decided to stop and see the Sagrada Familia (we stopped here to kill some time before we went back to the magic fountain =) It is an enormous church that has been under construction since 1909! Everything about the building has some kind of biblical reference. It was very beautiful and very detailed. Now we are back at our hostel and packing up for our adventrue to the airport and we´re off to Italy in the morning!
We love and miss you all very much! Ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb