Catalonia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
January 18th 2006
Published: February 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was our free day in Barcelona. First we went on a quick trip up to the Barcelona olympic site, which had a great view from the outdoor swimming pool. After that, we checked out spains main cathedral, designed by this guy called Gaudi. Its been in construction for like 100 years and is nowhere near finished, and is amazing. One of the best buildings yet, including all of paris. We then checked out this cool store which sold pearls porcelain and leather, i got tans present from there. After that a few of us went to the Barcelona football stadium (120,000 seats) and went on a quick tour of that. I picked up a Barcelona F.C. beanie as well so i could stop wearing that terrible Nickelback one. After that we headed back to the hotel and then went out to dinner to a spanish restaurant which had Flamenco Dancing, which was really amazing. As was the flamenco guitarist...i definitely need to start learning that style of guitar. It was a long night, after which I went straight to bed (i nearly fell asleep at the end of the dancing, it went for a bit too long). So in bed by 12 or 1ish.

Advertisement



28th January 2006

wow scorpion, you have been having a hell of a time. Did you join in on the flamenco dancing? I hope you did and I hope to see some photos! And how about the people and city of Barcelona? is it.. cold? friendly?

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb