Barcelona


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 17th 2008
Saved: June 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Barcelona is a very modern city with a lot of Gaudi architecture, which i hated.
On every second house you have an egg or a fruit or something weird.
Sagrada Familia is very impressing from far away, as long as you don't see the details it looks impressing because of it's size, but once i came near my first thought was : this must be a joke. It looks like from a comic that has something to do with starwars and fancy fruits, because on the summits of the towers there were lemons and melons and berries and whatever.
Of course it was interesting to look at for the first time, but I found it so goddamn ugly.
Anyway, the architecture sucks and the town is so full of tourists that if you ask for directions you have to ask 5 times until you find someone who is really from Barcelona.
People in Barcelona seem to love dogs, sometimes you see more dogs than people.

Advice : If you want to walk the Montjuïc instead of using an elevator, take a looot of water with you, since it's a few kms without shade. And don't forget the sunscreen, you can't hide from the sun.

The nightlife is extreme, music, dancing, singing until 4 in the night, everyone drinking and having fun, no way anyone from Barcelona would stay in on saturday night. Friday night I experienced this going-out-to-pubs and I finally got some sleep at 7:00 in the morning.

Even though I found the city rather ugly, I might come back once more, since I made friends there.

Thanks to Jessica!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

view from Montjuïcview from Montjuïc
view from Montjuïc

after being too greedy to pay the elevator, i had to walk 1500km straightly upwards in the burning sun myself.
where does the sky start?where does the sky start?
where does the sky start?

you really couldnt tell where the sea ends and where the sky begins, the horizon was so blurred it was hard to distinguish heaven and he..eh.water
going all the way down againgoing all the way down again
going all the way down again

and heading towards MNAC


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb