B-arse-alona. Hold onto your guts, and your bags


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
December 28th 2006
Published: January 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi there my friends, hoping you all had/having wikid xmas new years time+ Happy birthday steve-O, your nearly a big kid now!

me and jones went to barcelona for xmas. worked it, owned it, dominated it. Well we gave it a fair crack anyways.

Did touristy things, looked at old buildings, parks etc etc. the guel park was real pretty. after freezing our bits off on the top of a bus feeling slightly worse for wear we had a quality sit down, in what i later found out is the longest park bench ?? ??? ?? (americans really are a wealth of knowledge). Also had a bit of a soap opera on our hands- some dude had taken this chick up to the park to break up with her (im guessing, lingo was unfortunatley not dubbed) where she wailed away for a good 10mins before he bailed and left her there. Anyway it was cool, gingerbread houses, stone thingys, mosiacs, cool.

Found out about a pub that did 1 euro dinners, so went along there and did a pub crawl with them, apprently we enjoyed ourselves. a couple of nights later we went back and just J.I'ed at one of the pubs (being the el cheapo athletes that we are) - which we thought we stayed at the entire night. took a good 3 days of inspecting photos that we realised we musta gone to other places, it got pretty messy so went home (or were sent home, whatever**), stopped to get chips on the way, vanessa boosted on ahead. next thing im in the hostel eating my chips with a massive cut running down the top of my hand ?? ?? ?? vanessa coma'd, face down fully clothed.
Appeared to have made friends with the people in the chip shop when walked past the next day to. I do remember being intriged by how they get the kebab ''meat'' onto the stick... come to think of it again...how dooo they do it!?

went to a sn-iice resturant by the water which boss dentist had recommended, was super good, mmmm seafood. and to a flaminco dancing show, which was fun, went home stamping our feets around like heifers.

Had a look at the beach, a little windy and dirty but cant complain. Did try to go horse riding but didnt make it- went to a couple of info centres who sent us to another place, who couldnt speak any english, our spanish is non-existant at best, and we did feel like rude english people, so after getting a whole lot of maps, pointing, neighing, and useful info about camping and mountain biking we smiled and nodded our way out the door.


oh yea on las ramblas there were all these animal stalls, and they had chinchillas! a bunch of little elvis's sooo cute, and chipmunks and other random things- camilla you would be proud, i refrained from j'ujzzing them. but only cause i couldnt reach them.
lion cubs + no1 looking = limited self control, C'mon. its science!

On xmas went for a wonder around by the water, were sitting in the sun messing about with camera and a random guy came walking up picked up vanessas bag and started to walk off with it!! how frikin rare! luckily vanessa was onto it and sprung into constable jones mode and got it back. Had xmas dinner with travel bar people at nubaa, quality times again. and then some scummy ho took my jacket. on xmas! you should be ashamed.

**not my fault, we had thought jones may have spewed on the floor, have some photos that could have been of a spilt drink, with ice, .. and chunks..,.and a very sick looking v, we convinced ourselves, yes this was indeed the case, just dropped her drink. were later informed that we were wrong.
Shet. how attractive are we!!!

back to london, cold (sans coat. which i am still dark about), skint, back to work on the 3rd to tooth decay, gum disease, etc etc, oh for joy. hold me back.

photos were deleted from my memory card, resulting in me throwing my toys in an internet cafe. i'll get vanessa's ones and put them up later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



15th January 2007

Gr8 stories
Hey Beth! Man your travel tales are very well written! A+ Well done Vanessa for getting her bag back. Hope she got a sneaky dig into the guy! What crack up tales tho!

Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb