Seeing Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
March 25th 2018
Published: March 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The rain stopped this morning (sort of) so we made our way back to Plaza Catalunya to catch the hop on hop off bus. Did the "blue route" first, which includes the Sagrada Familia - very large and very unusual, and Park Guell - created by the architect, Gaudi. Hopped off at the park (which is unfortunately a 20 minute walk uphill from the bus stop!) and walked around, admiring all things Gaudi. At least the walk back to the bus stop was downhill. The bus also went past "Camp Nou" . the home ground of FC Barcelona, a huge complex that includes the stadium that holds almost 100,000 people, and among other things, an ice skating rink!
Completed the rest of the route, noticed many children walking with woven things , figured they were for Palm Sunday.

Needed to go back to to unit for warmer jackets (very cold on the top deck of the bus, though they did have a roof). Caught the back of the Palm Sunday parade down La Rambla.
Back on the bus for the "red route" which unfortunately had to skip Montjuic Park because it was closed for some cycle race.
Got off near the harbour and walked back to La Barceloneta (the beach) then walked miles (past many lovely cafes and restaurants) looking for fish and chips, even though Kate told him that it wasn't a Spanish thing. Found 2 tapas, Fried Fish and French Fries - Fish & Chips spanish style!
Back on the bus to the Gothic Quarter (old part of Barcelona) and wandered through there back to the unit.
Kate had to leave to catch her bus back to Calaborra and we repacked bags ready for our flight to Bilbao tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb