Day trip to Montserrat


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we head out a day trip to the Benedictine Monk retreat at Montserrat which offers you some of the most spectacular mountain views of Catalonia. We took the cable car from the base of the mountain up to the Monastery which is 1350m up at a 45degree angle at a speed of 18km per hour with fantastic view of the valley and the mountain from all sides. Not only is Montserrat Monastery of significant religious importance for the black faced Madonna but the natural beauty of the surroundings is breathtaking. After visiting the Basilica and town we then take another cable car (funicular) to the top of the mountain were we took a walk out to visit one of the 6 small chapel’s all the mountain ridge and to view the unusual rock formations. Before heading back down to the car by car cable we visited the stairway to heaven monument which unfortunately due to people trying to climb this in the past is now fenced off so you can’t get a clear photo of the all 9 cement blocks that make up the stairway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb