Messi, Camp Nou and Barca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » La Rambla
June 11th 2011
Published: June 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bara Barca Barca ... a cry that has rung out since the 1800s, most recently when FC Barcelona beat Manchester United for the Champions cup.

We toured the stadium today and what a tour they provide. To get there we took a cable ar to a funicluar to a subway to a tram... their trams run quiet as a mouse on trackes covered with grass ... n pavement or asphalt ...just lovely trimmed grass below and surrounding the streetcar - listen up Ottawa Counsil.

The story of Football Club Barelona is of course inextribly linked with the ultural, political and eonomic history of not only of Barcelona but all of Catalonia. Hard to explain but the passion attached to FC Barca is part and parcel of the proud and utterly distinct Catalan culture often expressed in opposition to al things Madrid and Castllian.

The tour was multimedia and we all loved it from age 8 to 54. An historical living museum with an audio tour, memorabilia from all of the players and teams through history - then a tour at our own pace of the stadium, field, press box, players dressing room, and every corner of this 100,000 seat epicentre of Barca. We even had a photo taken of us holding the actual Champions ccup they just won.

Our digs by La Rambla for our final eve is utterly cool moderno upscale fun. Tomorrow we fly to Athens!!!! Photos are hard to upload from this locale - so but for one they will follow in a day or two.

Dinner we went back to our Barcelona fave ' squid, rabbit, peppers, chorizo, white beans, white asparagus, cava sangria and goodnight!!!!












Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb