Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
April 27th 2017
Published: April 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 in Spain starts with a nice sleep and breakfast. We have a guided photo tour today during which we are to see various important buildings in the City. Its 38 degrees and raining which is both a blessing and curse. The blessing is that it greatly thins out the crowds around important buildings and provides flat light good for really good photo opportunities, the curse is its "f"ing cold and wet! The tour consists of just Kris and I along with our guide. She quite knowledgeable about camera settings, angles, exposure speed, F-settings, etc, and knows the unusual locations where little known but important treasures are located. The biggest issue is Kris looks and walks like the giant stay puff marshmallow in Ghostbusters! She has several layers on, plus wears her clutch and camera inside her jacket, it takes a year to retrieve anything. Scared of pick pockets she is. No way anyone can reach in her locker without her knowing! As you might guess as the day goes on I get more and more of her stuff in my once empty backpack. We end up at Gaudi's Sagrata Familia, all I can say is WOW! He was truly a genius. Its 7pm when we finish the tour, and we head for more Tapas at a spot we saw earlier in the day. We took metro to the approximate location, walked 2 blocks and arrived at the appointed spot. We getting better at finding our way. Metro is safe and efficient. The meal is poor, tasteless and disappointing along with my personal favorite........Live music! Deaf as I am a 3 piece band playing at 100 decibels in a small pub makes for poor dinner conversation. Along with a grandpa and his grandson sitting 3" away for us staring at us like we were naked or maybe it was the stay puff marshmallow outfit. A 3 block walk and a bottle of absolute should solve everything! Tomorrow is another day!

Advertisement



28th April 2017

I see your blog now :) hope the weather gets better! Enjoy Barcelona ? ~ Teri

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb