Barca baby!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
October 24th 2014
Published: October 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Yipeee! At last, the time has come, after a busy working year, thankfully a positive and profitable one with the help of our hard-working team, we survived another long hot summer and are packed ad ready to go.

When I say packed, I actually mean, packed, weighed, unpacked, repacked, weighed, shuffle between cases, repack, reweigh, argue, stress, unpack and finally lock the suitcase. Oh and then do the same with the carry-on baggage.

Due to flight timings and the cruise departing on a Sunday we had to fly to Barcelona on the Friday, giving us two days to enjoy the city, result!

A short and very civilised flight from Almeria to Barcelona, checked into our cute little Pension, in a great location, close to the port, next to La Rambla and just around the corner from an Irish pub to watch 'El Classico' football game between Real Madrid and Barcelona tomorrow.

An unusually warm day for October so took a walk around the city, Alex found an antique market OMG no more shopping!!! Back to freshen up and rolled across the street to a fab little bar called Margarita Blue. G and T for him and a Mai Tai for me. Feeling peckish, we enjoyed a plate of chicken 'hot mole' with rice. Paid the bill and got a free glass of something frighteningly blue and Tequila-like, slugged it down and took a walk round the magnificent port to walk off the food.

bac to the pension for a sleep with the noise of the city in the background, my ideal backdrop for a good nights sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb