Itero de la Vega to Fromista - 14 km


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
June 23rd 2015
Published: June 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Taking Off in the MorningTaking Off in the MorningTaking Off in the Morning

Under a cloudy sky
Began our day with the news that two people in our group were hit with a nasty gastrointestinal bug overnight and were too sick and weak to walk. It is one of those things you don't really think about on the Camino as blisters, knees and back pain seem to be the prevalent complaints.

The rest of the group set off once the sick folks were taken care of. We walked a few kilomteres before stopping for our daily cafe con lecher/tortilla/croissant in the morning. Met up with a man who has been travelling with his large black lab for the last 5 or 6 months, The dog was extremely well behaved and walked without a leash!

It was a relatively "short" day today as we only did about 14 km. We decided to stay at the municipal Albergue which was clean and had a lovely courtyard out back. A number of the pilgrims enjoyed soaking their tired feet in basins of cool water out back as they happily chatted with one another. A well-stocked grocery store around the corner carried some great basics such as beer, candy and chocolate - heaven!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Big Black LabBig Black Lab
Big Black Lab

Another Camino dog that has been "on the road" with his master for over 5 months!
The Three AmigosThe Three Amigos
The Three Amigos

Reach Fromista
Municipal Albergue in FromistaMunicipal Albergue in Fromista
Municipal Albergue in Fromista

Great courtyard and nice accommodations for 6 euro!
Great Way to Soithe Sore Feet ...Great Way to Soithe Sore Feet ...
Great Way to Soithe Sore Feet ...

And hydrate the resident kitten : )


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb