Formista to Mansilla del las Mules


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
June 18th 2015
Published: June 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Blue skies for miles and miles. Ana, the hotel manager, met us at the restaurant where are bikes were stored. She offered us coffee, toast and oj. Very nice lady. We were on the road at 8:30 am. The wind was at our backs. We road part of the trail today but mostly road that followed along side the trail. My shoulders and bum were thankful. We stopped at Carrion de los Condes for our second breakfast. Then made it 36 miles to Sahagun for lunch. As we were ordering Dominick strolled in. He had seen our bikes out front and stopped to join us for lunch. Many other cyclist stopped too. We saw more bikes today than previously. Mike and I decided to ride till we were done. Dominick was stopping earlier. We exchanged emails and said aidios. I was hoping to ride the 80 miles to Leon and take tomorrow off. Instead we stopped and found a hostel called El Jardin de Camino. For 20 euros each we got a bed, dinner and breakfast. Our choices for beds were to mats on the floor or a bunk bed. We choose the floor. Although I have to say I was a little worried about bed bugs. All in all it was a nice rest spot after riding 60 miles.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb