Mansilla del las Mules to Leon


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » León
June 18th 2015
Published: June 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Up early. Walkers starting around at 5:30 am. We pushed it till 6:30. Packed our stuff and were on the road just before 8 am. Today's route is all path to Leon. Feeling grateful for a short day. There is no wind and it is starting to heat up. Passed all the walkers that left the hostel early. Made it to Leon by 9:30. It was only 12 miles today. Ate our second breakfast and hung out a bit. Rode to our hotel La Posada and was able to check in early. Decided to take a nap and hang in the room a bit. Headed out to tour the city. We spent 4 hours walking to the cathedral, the canal, San Marcos plaza and ate lunch. On our way back to our room decided to stop and load up on sacks. It is very challenging trying to find marcados in the city. I had to stop and ask two different people. Mike was impressed that I was asking for directions. Back in our room we relaxed till dinner. Back out in the city trying to choose a place to eat. I have to say eating out everyday is wearing me down. Part of feeling a little home sick is missing my family and cooking my own food. Our hotel is situated in the old part of town. It's 11pm, I am ready for bed and it sounds like mid day downtown out our window. Putting in the ear plugs. Buenos noches.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



18th June 2015

adventure!
love your posts! Was good to talk to you! (always is. It helps to see you and how great you look!). (Mike too!) Such beautiful history!
19th June 2015

There has been considerable discussion on the American Pilrims on the Camino (APOC) Facebook page about cyclists sharing the narrower paths of the Camino with walkers...
many bikers do not use bells or call out to warn walkers, but just zip by narrowly missing the walkers, which is highly dangerous for each. I was certain you gave warnings to walkers before passing, but am interested in your perspective as you are meeting many cyclists. What do they think about this? Are most considerate when passing walkers?
19th June 2015

cycling with walkers
Where I come from many of the paths are shared space. We are the kind cyclist that ring our bell and say "hola, buenos diaz or buen camino" when passing. The narrows path that are steep we walked our bikes. I have only watched 2 other cyclist interacting with walkers and they were polite too. Some walkers may think it's easier to bike, I would say that we each have our own challenges. Obviously, I am for a shared path.

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb