Day 33-34: What Good Does us Freedom if we Fail to be Free?


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
May 3rd 2012
Published: February 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 33: Ponferrada to Villafranca Journal Entry-------------------- Thursday May 3rd, 2012 I took my time waking up this morning. I left the hostel a little after 0800, returned the room key and started walking. There were few other pilgrims that I passed in the beginning. I walked and walked and walked and somehow found myself on the alternative route into Villafranca via miles and miles of... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




9th February 2013

I want to be free!
Your post and honesty about the raw emotions that one is bound to encounter on a journey like this are beautiful. My family is planning on doing this together in 2015 but it feels like a lifetime away and I would love to pack up and leave tomorrow. Please keep posting, I can only live vicariously through you right now!
10th February 2013

I was conflicted at first when writing the blogs whether I should transcribe my journal entries or not. I didn't want to seem like I complained a lot, but then I realized all of the emotions I went through are what the journey so amazing and real. So, I am happy that you are enjoying my honest reactions to the Camino. I think it is awesome you are doing the Camino with your family. I saw many families, some even with little kids, walking together and I thought it was so beautiful to see them all sharing the experience. You will have an amazing trip. I wish you a buen Camino! :)
11th July 2014

I'm contemplating walking the Camino so have been reading the Travelblogs of others...
The day you met Jacqui and Diane is recorded in Diane's blog at http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/Spain/Castile-Leon/blog-737528.html. It's great to make these connections! When reading her blog I was wondering whether I would find you...I thought she had misspelled your name...Jennafer vs Jennifer...but Jennafer was right.
13th July 2014

So neat!
I love that you made that connection. It was such a funny thing when I stumbled across them because I had never met either of them before but recognized their hair and thought I would ask... If you are contemplating walking the Camino, you definitely should :). I feel like the Camino is one of those things that once you start looking into it, it will never leave your mind...

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb