Sledding in Navacerrada


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Segovia
January 28th 2006
Published: January 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wow! What a day! Just got back from a wonderful day of sledding in Navacerrada in the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range 1 hour north west of Madrid. In case you haven't been following the weather it has been snowing all over Europe for the past week and Spain is no exception. Let me tell you, it was coming down thick today and it was freezing!

So, I headed up this morning to Navacerrada with a group from the school where I work. The school provided the sleds and the transportation so all we had to do was show up and pay for lunch. It was great! We spent the morning sledding down a slope almost at the top of the mountain. We were like kids again, making sled trains and running over people. It as so nice to be in the outdoors again. And, I decided that I'm definitely going skiing beore I leave Spain. Its only 50 euros for the day including the bus trip, ski rental, and lift pass. What a deal!

After sledding we drove over to Segovia for some lunch. Segovia is one of several towns that used to be the capital of Spain before it was officially moved to Madrid. It is beautiful and has a roman acqueduct in the middle of the town which is amazing. There is also an Alcazar (castle) that we visited. The castle in Disneyland has got to be modeled after it because they look exactly the same. Its pretty cool. It has a moat an all where you can see the trap door where they used to throw prisoners out to be eaten by the alligators in the moat. Yuck!

Anyway, I had a great time and met some really nice people from my school. Can't wait for the next trip 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



31st January 2006

Hello
Hi Lynne: Thank you so much for all this info. I am so happy you are doing this. What an experience!! Seems like you are having the time of your life. We are fine here...kids are keeping me busy. Baby Thomas is now 1 since 2 weeks ago. The family is fine. The weather is mild -- very few snow storms and high temperatures. When do you plan on coming home? Stay in touch! Your Cousin -- Sharon

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb